Sunday, August 21, 2011

Norway massacre survivor returns to the island!


For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com

Reuters / ibnlive.in.com / Posted on Aug 21, 2011 at 09:21am IST.

Adrian Pracon is one of the 600-or-so survivors of the massacre at Utoeya island, where Norwegian killer Ander Behring Breivik killed 69 people.

Oslo: Adrian Pracon was determined to return to the island where he nearly died. A month ago, terrified and panicked, the 21-year-old played dead while Norwegian killer Ander Behring Breivik stood over his body, the gun so close he could feel the warmth of the barrel.
Pracon is one of about 600 survivors of the massacre at Utoeya island, where Breivik killed 69 people, most of them youngsters at a Labour Party youth camp.

On Saturday they returned to the island for the first time, a day before a national day of remembrance in Norway.

"I went back to the place where I got shot", Pracon told Reuters.  "The first thing I did was to sit down, quietly and I cried for a long time. I cried for the people I saw killed there.  I laid flowers and lit candles for them."
Pracon came face to face with the killer several times on July 22. During one encounter, he saw him coming out of the woods and shooting at people.

"He was shouting that he was going to kill us all," said Pracon. "He turned towards me. You feel trapped, like you have no place to go or that there is nothing you can do. You just hope that he is going to shoot in the head, in the heart to make it go fast. All I could say was: 'Don't shoot'."
"I remember him pointing the machine gun at me for quite a long time before he took it down, turned and walked away."


Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment