Saturday, August 20, 2011

INTERVIEW: Sarah Jessica Parker Gets Real!


For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com

MERYL GORDON, parade.com / AUGUST 19, 2011.


In this Sunday’s issue of PARADE, Sarah Jessica Parker, who stars in I Don’t Know How She Does It, in theaters Sept. 16, opens up to Meryl Gordon about marriage, kids, and…Sex and the City 3! “I didn’t plot a future like this, although I know some people do,” she says.
Parker, 46, gets real about what her life is really like, discussing everything from her marriage to actor Matthew Broderick to life with her son, James Wilkie, 8, and her 2-year-old twin girls, Tabitha and Loretta.
Be sure to check out this weekend's issue of PARADE magazine in your local newspaper for the full interview with Sarah Jessica Parker.
Her 8-year-old son, James Wilkie, wants to be an actor, and he’s eager to start auditioning.
“I don’t want him to do it until after he goes to college: But part of me thinks maybe it’s better if he knows the truth now about how hard it is to be a working actor. I don’t know that he grasps what it took to get us here.”
Parker acknowledges that her childhood left her with money anxieties and that she’s eager to capitalize on her earning power.
“I have a lot of responsibilities outside myself. I have a large family. I want to know I can always be helpful. I guess I worry.”
On tying with Angelina Jolie for the top spot on Forbes’ list of highest-earning actresses.
“Where do they get these numbers? I didn’t plot a future like this, although I know some people do. When Matthew and I started working, all we knew is that we wanted to be great actors. I don’t think I ever thought about money or that people would know my name. I loooove the work! When I was a little girl getting free lunches in Cincinnati, could I imagine being on a list in Forbes magazine?”
On the difficulty of balancing career and motherhood.

Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment