Friday, July 22, 2011

KARNATAKA MINING SCAM: Governor, H.R. Bhardwaj promises action on Lokayukta report!

www.greentekindika.com
FOR LIGHT READING, Download your free copy of “My First Beer” Now with the Smashwords Summer/Winter promotion, ending July 31, 2011

pti / tHE hINDU / BANGALORE, July 22, 2011.

Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj has indicated that he would take action on the recommendations of Karnataka Lokayukta N. Santosh Hegde on illegal mining. File photo
Karnataka Governor H.R. Bhardwaj has indicated that he would take action on the recommendations of Karnataka Lokayukta N. Santosh Hegde on illegal mining. File photo - The Hindu.


Spelling more trouble for the Karnataka Chief Minister, Governor H.R. Bhardwaj on Friday indicated that he would take action on the recommendations of State Lokayukta on illegal mining, which had indicted B.S. Yeddyurappa.

“…Whatever he (the Karnataka Lokayukta Justice N. Santosh Hegde) will recommend, I will go according to that. I am not going to do anything (else),” Mr. Bhardwaj told reporters in response to questions on the sidelines of a function in Bangalore.

“I will give my serious thought to whatever he recommends and you will know my action the moment I get the report,” he said, adding, he expects the report to be submitted to the government on Monday.

Mr. Bhardwaj, who has been at loggerheads with Mr. Yeddyurappa, said, “And if as a competent authority, he (the Lokayukta) sends the report to me, then I will deal with it according to the Lokayukta Act (section 12 and 13).”

Asked whether the Chief Minister should resign, he said: “I tell you, you come after two days. You will know every thing”, but hastened to add: “Don’t anticipate. He is the elected Chief Minister. I cannot speak about him unless I see it (the report). How can I reply (now on whether he should resign)?”


Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment