Follow by Email

Thursday, July 14, 2011

13/7 MUMBAI TERROR ATTACKS: Mumbai ATS takes over Probe.

Download your free copy ofMy First Beer with the Smashwords Summer/Winter promotion, ending July 31, 2011

PTI / The Hindu / MUMBAI, July 14, 2011.

Commandos stand guard at Zaveri bazar, the site of a bomb blast, in Mumbai on Thursday. The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad on Thursday registered three cases in connection with the serial bombings.
Commandos stand guard at Zaveri bazar, the site of a bomb blast, in Mumbai on Thursday. The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad on Thursday registered three cases in connection with the serial bombings - AP.

The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday registered three cases in connection with the serial bombings that left several people dead and more than 100 injured.

“ATS has taken over the probe. Close to 12 joint teams of ATS and Crime Branch have been formed and we are being closely assisted by Central agencies. This case is being taken up on priority,” ATS chief Rakesh Maria told reporters in Mumbai.

Assuring people that no effort would be spared to bring the perpetrators of the latest terror strike to justice, he said, “We request the public to have faith and trust in the police. So far no (terror) case has gone undetected and the persons responsible for the blasts will be brought to book. We will get you the accused.”

The maximum casualty in Wednesday evening’s terror attack was witnessed at Opera House where 10 people were killed. Seven persons died at the explosion at Zaveri Bazaar, the police officer said.

The third blast took place in Dadar.


Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment