Monday, August 15, 2011

SNAIL MAIL: Brit woman finally receives postcard that took 57 years to arrive!


For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com

August 15, 2011 / ANI, London / DC.

In what may have never happened before, a woman in Britain received a postcard, which was sent to her by her now dead sister-in-law ‘Dorothy Eastham’ from Egypt in 1954.
Extraordinarily, the card took 57 years to make its way from a postbox in modern-day Yemen, where her ship had made a stop to Preston, Lancashire.
Fortunately, retired florist Margaret Eastham still lives in the same house, and was able to marvel at the relic from a bygone decade.
“I really couldn’t believe my eyes,” the Daily Mail quoted the grandmother-of-seven as saying.
“My first thought was that it was from my neighbours who are in India, but then I recognised the writing as Dorothy’s, only she died four years ago.
“When I saw the date on the postmark, I was really taken back.
“It is amazing really that after all this time it still arrived. And it is in excellent condition.


Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment