For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com
PTI / The Hindu / MUMBAI, August 12, 2011.
Opposition leaders in Maharashtra on Friday met Governor K. Sankaranarayanan and demanded dismissal of the Congress-NCP government in the state over police firing in Maval near Pune in which three farmers were killed.
Leader of Opposition in Assembly Eknath Khadse, Opposition leader in Council Pandurang Phundkar and group leaders of opposition parties in Legislature were among those who met the Governor at the Raj Bhawan on Friday morning.
“This is not the first instance of firing during this government’s tenure,” Mr. Khadse said after the meeting. “This is the second such instance in last 15 days,” he said.
The state government has lost the moral authority to govern as seen by its “cruel” suppression of the farmers’ agitation, he said.
The firing incident rocked the Legislature for the third consecutive day yesterday with Opposition creating a ruckus and calling the police action a “cold-blooded encounter”.
Terming the firing as “murder”, Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray has also demanded resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and Home Minister R.R. Patil.
Three persons were killed and several injured in police firing in Maval near Pune on Tuesday following the protests over a closed pipeline project to supply water to the industrial township of Pimpri-Chinchwad town.
01) The justification of Maharastra Police that they had to resort to the firing that killed Three Farmers when they were attacked by the protesting farmers;
02) TV footage, clearly, demonstrates that, in fact, the protesting farmers were running away from the police after they lathicharged and fired teargas shells;
03) It also confirms that the police, in fact, were aiming and shooting down the running away farmers who were anywhere between 200 feet to 300 feet and were in no way could have attacked the police, physically!
04) Responsible policemen must be booked for cold-blooded Murders and should be, immediately, dismissed from the Service!!
05) The inefficient Minster concerned must be sacked, without any further delay!!!
Full Story at,