For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com
PTI / The Hindu /NEW DELHI, August 9, 2011.
Leader of the Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley speaks in the House on Tuesday - PTI.
BJP on Tuesday attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for appointment of disgraced Suresh Kalmadi as Chairman of the CWG Organising Committee and charged Sports Minister Ajay Maken with committing “monumental deception” on Parliament.
Initiating a short duration discussion on Mr. Maken’s statement on August 3 regarding the CWG, Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh overruled objections by the Sports Ministry and his own office and favoured Mr. Kalmadi’s appointment as OC Chairman.
Demanding that all documents and files in this regard be brought before the House, Mr. Jaitley said while the effort was to stop the buck at Mr. Kalmadi, responsibility lies both with the Central and [Delhi] governments... none of them should be spared.”
He also said if “heads are to roll”, heads of the Delhi government and the Centre must also roll.
Mr. Jaitley said Mr. Maken is giving an impression as if the hands of the UPA were tied in the OC chief’s appointment because of the Host City Contract signed during the NDA regime.
Complimenting former Sports Minister M.S. Gill, Jaitley said, “Former ministers are the best witnesses. House has to take extraordinary steps...all files and documents which have been withheld should be summoned and inspected in the House.”
He said former sports ministers acted as whistle blowers.
01) NDA has left the power some Seven Years ago;
02) To accuse NDA of appointing Suresh Kalmadi as the Chairman of the 'Organising Committee' of "Common Wealth Games" is absolutely based on white lies, as this committee came into existence only after UPA assumed power at the Centre;
03) To divert the attention of the public of the ongoing CBI enquiry and the two independent indictments of Shunglu Committee and CAG, UPA leadership is indulging in all sorts of canards;
04) It doesn't matter who appointed Suresh Kalmadi, what matters most is that during the UPA Governing Period, Suresh Kalmadi, Sheila Dikshit and others with the active connivance of the PMO have looted the nation's exchequer to the tune of Thousands of Crores of the tax payers money;
05) To assume that they can get away with this kind of untenable stories is to assume that the Indian Citizens are ignorant and gullible!
06) Its high time the UPA Government comes out clean and punish those who are guilty!!
07) Or else, the Courts will do it for them!!!
Full Story at,