Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SHAME OF MEDIA:Murdoch refuses to take responsibility for hacking scam!

FOR LIGHT READING, Download your free copy of “My First Beer” Now with the Smashwords Summer/Winter promotion, ending July 31, 2011

HASAN SUROOR / The Hindu / LONDON, July 19, 2011.

James Murdoch, left, and Rupert Murdoch, give evidence to the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee on the News of the World phone-hacking scandal in this image taken from TV, in Portcullis House in central London, on Tuesday.
James Murdoch, left, and Rupert Murdoch, give evidence to the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee on the News of the World phone-hacking scandal in this image taken from TV, in Portcullis House in central London, on Tuesday - AP.

Rupert Murdoch on Tuesday refused to take personal responsibility for the phone hacking scandal engulfing his media empire and said he was let down by “people I trusted.”
During his keenly-anticipated evidence before the House of Commons media committee, his answer to most of the questions from the MPs was “No.” He said he was not aware of the extent of phone hacking at the now-defunct News of the World (NoW) until earlier this year when his media group News International discovered new evidence.
“I was absolutely shocked, appalled and ashamed when I heard about the Milly Dowler case two weeks ago,” he told MPs referring to the case of the murdered teenaged schoolgirl whose phone was hacked by NoW journalists.
Was he “misled” about what was going on in his company? Mr. Murdoch was asked:
“Clearly, yes,” he said.
In reply to a pointed question whether he felt responsible for the “fiasco,” he said: “No.”
Mr. Murdoch argued that he ran a global business of 53,000 people and NoW was “just 1%” of this and that was perhaps a reason why “I lost sight of it.”


Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment