Friday, July 1, 2011

GUINNESS WORLD RECORD?: US man stung by scorpion on commercial flight!

www.greentekindika.com
Have you read, “Mayhem of the Miserables!” available @ http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52075


July 1, 2011 / AP / Oregon, Portland / DC.

All Jeff Ellis could do was wait as he sat terrified 30,000 feet (9,000 meters) in the air staring at the wriggling scorpion that stung him on a flight to Alaska.


He repeated to himself that a doctor said he'd be fine, probably.
Ellis first had to wait 30 minutes to see whether he succumbed to anaphylactic shock.
"In the movies, scorpions kill people," Ellis, 55, said on Thursday. "I was just nervous, on edge, making sure that my heart was beating normal, that I wasn't sweating."
Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Bobbie Egan said the scorpion probably crawled on board the plane during a stop in Austin, Texas. The plane then landed in Seattle, where Ellis boarded for a flight to Anchorage.
About three hours into the flight, Ellis dozed off. Then, he felt something tickling his arm.
"I felt it on my shirt-sleeve and brushed it off, I thought it was a little spider or something," Ellis said. "Then I felt it back on my elbow."

Thank God! it was not a deadly scorpion; but Jeff Ellis should try for Guinness World Record for having bitten mid air, in a plane flying 30, 000 feet (9,000 meters)!

Full Story at,

No comments:

Post a Comment