A view of the building meant to house the Tamil Nadu Assembly and Secretariat, as envisioned by the erstwhile DMK government. Photo: S.R. Raghunathan - The Hindu.
01) It is a pity that this World's First Gold Rated, LEED-India (Green Building Rating System: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) had to fall prey to the vagaries of Politics;
02) While on the subject, no other Legislative Complex has every been certified under this Rating in India or abroad, which provides ample daylight and ventilation while consuming very less Water, Electricity and other resources;
03) As it is designed to house the State Legislature and Secretariat Offices, it is very difficult to think of any other uses;
04) Hope Readers of 'The Hindu' and of this blog would come out with alternative uses for this building;
05) Full Building Design Details can be studied at,