For LEED Consultancy / IGBC Certifications, Green Building Design, Green Homes, Green Factory Buildings, Green SEZs, Green Townships & Energy Audits - www.greentekindika.com
Dale Eck, Director of Global Forecast Center, The Weather Channel / Aug 25, 2011 8:54 am ET.
- Irene will have significant effects on the Bahamas and eastern North Carolina to the Northeast.
- Irene is a major category 3 hurricane with winds of 115 mph moving through the Northwest Bahamas.
- Irene is centered about 670 miles south of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina and moving NW at 13 mph.
- The central and northwest Bahamas continue to be under a hurricane warning, and the hurricane warnings have been discontinue for the southeast Bahams.
- A hurricane watch is now in effect along the North Carolina coast from Surf City to the Virginia border.
- A tropical storm watch is in effect from Edisto Beach, South Carolina to Surf City, North Carolina.
- Irene moves northwest through the Bahamas through tonight.