Follow by Email

Thursday, July 21, 2011

NAXAL MENACE: 8 of Congress feared dead in Naxal attack!


FOR LIGHT READING, Download your free copy of “My First Beer” Now with the Smashwords Summer/Winter promotion, ending July 31, 2011



At least eight Congressmen were feared killed as Maoist guerrillas ambushed Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CPCC) president Nand Kumar Patel’s convoy — comprising about 25 vehicles — between Indagaon and Udanti under Mainpur police station, nearly 120 km from here, on Wednesday evening, reports reaching here said.
The local police told this newspaper that two bodies have so far been recovered.
Mr Patel had a providential escape along with other senior Congress leaders — Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly Ravindra Choubey, PCC working president Satyanarayan Sharma, party MLAs Kuldeep Singh Juneja and Amitesh Shukla and former PCC president Dhanendra Sahoo.
“At least eight people — who were in the vehicle that was blown apart in the Naxal landmine blast — are feared dead. One worker was killed and four others injured — who were travelling in another vehicle — in firing by rebels,” the PCC working president told this newspaper.
When contacted, the additional director-general of police (ADG) (anti-Naxal operation), Mr Ramniwas, however, said, “At this juncture, it is not possible to pinpoint the number of casualties.”
Full Story at,



No comments:

Post a Comment