Download your free copy of “My First Beer” with the Smashwords Summer/Winter promotion, ending July 31, 2011
Mumbai police personnel and experts inspect the bomb blast site at Opera House in Mumbai - AFP.
At least 17 people died in the coordinated terror attack in Mumbai the day before, Home Minister P. Chidambaram said on Thursday, asking people not to speculate on those responsible behind it. He also admitted that there were no intelligence inputs about the triple blasts.
He said 131 people had been taken to 13 hospitals with injuries - of which 26 were discharged, 82 were stable and 23 were serious. He said one severed head was also found at the site, which could take the death toll to 18.
"There was no intelligence input to central or state intel agency regarding yesterday's blast - it was unfortunate," Chidambaram said at a press conference here after visiting the blast sites with Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
"I request you all, do not speculate. I advise the Maharashtra government not to proceed with pre-suppositions or assumptions," the home minister said, adding that the people of Mumbai had responded 'splendidly'.
According to Chidambaram, the sites had now been cordoned off and the state and central-level teams would continue to work to determine the nature of the explosives. "But it was not a remote trigger blast."
Full Story at,